Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Low CArb!!

I'm not a big fan of the ATkins diet b/c I think God put fruit and grains on this earth for our health but I need to lose a little body fat so all sugar and frilly carbs are off the table for awhile. I don't think I'm fat at all but all these pushups and bootcamping have made my arms bigger and I don't like it one bit! I was telling Tatum about it and she said losing a little body fat is the key to making my arms more defined. Ugh! So, 2 weeks before PCB here I go, really cutting cals and watching it. 10 Great Low-Carb Snack Ideas


1. Sliced turkey breast, roast beef, chicken breast, or ham wrapped around celery sticks



2. Sliced avocado salad dressed with olive oil and a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar





3. Quarter-cup roasted almonds



4. Cup of roasted peanuts in the shell



5. 4 large boiled shrimp with sugar-free cocktail sauce



6. 2 cups sugar-free gelatin topped with a whipped cream



7. Hard-boiled eggs



8. String cheese



9. Celery stuffed with nut butter (no-sugar-added peanut, cashew or sesame butter)



10. Marinated olives and fennel










Something is in the air thats making me sneeze. Achoo! I need to stop into Walgreens and pick up some Claritin. Kate has a dr. apt this morning for her sinus infection or at least I think its a sinus infection. Poor thing needs to get better.

I helped out at the playschool yesterday. We are excited about our summer camps coming up. We have great kids signed up for them. I'm not helping with VBS but the program looks super cute.

No comments: