Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fabulous Oat Pancakes!

Definitely a must for breakfast on cold December mornings. This is one of my favorite pancake recipes and it is pretty much the ulitmate in clean eating. I wish my kids would eat these!

half cup ground oats ( you can do this in the blender and it is actually okay when there are a couple of whole oats left)

one egg white

quarter cup cottage cheese

dash of vanilla..... combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix together. I like to use virgin coconut oil to fry my cakes. I also added some flax to this mix. while cakes are cooking, mix, a tsp of reduced fat cream cheese (ideally you'd use almond butter but I like cream cheese) and a tsp of honey. mix and mix and mix and then when cakes are done drizzle on each one! This morning, I had a banana, a few chopped walnuts and a few cranberries on top. This packs a huge punch for fiber, protein and whole grains.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I've made these and they are yummy. I didn't use the vanilla but think I will next time and the coconut oil sounds pretty nice too.

Keep that Ralphie on a tight leash he is bad!

Unknown said...

he is soo bad! the cream cheese and honey is so yummy! its almost like a glaze.