Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dec. 1st.

Joe opened the first day on the advent calendar! Oh how I love advent and all of the hope it brings.  Our first day said, "The people who walked in darkness, Have seen a great light!" Isaiah 9:1. I asked Joe, who or what is the great light? He said, Jesus! Yes sir, Jesus! The reason for this wonderful Christmas season. May this day be filled with joy, laughter and love. I enjoy reading about angels and how God has sent them for us to enjoy and to call upon. We never pray to angels but it is perfectly fine to ask for their guidance and assistance. God has created them for exactly that purpose but they will not interfer in our lives unless we ask. One of my favorite angels, is the Archangel, Gabriel. Have you ever seen a flash of light out of the corner of your eye? Gabriel often makes his presence known by a flash of light. He stands in the presence of the God... He is mentioned many times in the bible. One of my favorite verses is from Luke 1:28 Gabriel appeared to Mary and said, "Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you!" (New Living translation '07) I cannot even imagine Mary's thoughts at that moment.

No comments: