Saturday, September 24, 2011

sweet memory

Woke up this morning thinking of my Grandma Mary Ann. As her 3rd grandchild, I have sweet memories of her. My most vivid memory as a child of Grandma Ann as she called herself, was when I'd walk into her house she'd always say, Tracy baby come here. She'd give me a hug and it was as if she was just waiting and waiting for me to get here. If she was sitting down like on Christmas Eve, and I'd sit by her with one of my new toys, she'd smile big and she'd put her arm around me and pull me close and pat my leg and not really say much at all. She didn't have to. She always made me feel special and you know what else was so great was that she did that for all of us. All of her grandchildren. I loved that about her, I loved that she loved me and that she loved my sisters and my cousins. Now that I'm grown up and I know the dynamics between mother in laws and such it is funny. But, I loved the way she loved me and my cousins. I find myself holding my kids like she held me and I do the same with my babies and 2's at school. I think thats a pretty cool thing to pass on.

No comments: