Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Wrap

Wow what a fun weekend we had!! Rick's parents came in for the Hoover game. We enjoyed tailgating with them and hanging out with them. Rick's mom looks so good and we were laughing because she cannot eat any veggies or fruit right now b/c of her colon issue. I mean, how ironic is that???She is the queen of fruit and veggies. So when she ordered a roast beef with french fries we all laughed. We all know the ovarian cancer will be a chronic thing. I think the cancer has made all of us thankful for each and every day especially healthy one's! OUr tailgate was fun as usual but Carrie and I are planning a big fancy tailgate for Friday. haha I say fancy b/c I told her I was going to bring this yummy greek salsa I made. She said, oh wow we're getting fancy. I made an event on fb and invited a bunch of ppl and made it open to where others could invite ppl as well. HOpefully we'll have a big fun fancy group! :) The HOover game was crazy. Hoover was losing until the 4th qt. no points on the board. Oak Mt. could taste the victory, they were so close and then....The Bucs finally came alive and did their thing. Whew. To lose to South Panola....that was expected...To lose to Oak Mountain...Not so much. Soo that brings me to the precious Oak Mt. fan who yelled at me.... GEezz. what is it with me Lauren and Kate? anyway, thats another post. Me and the fam were walking out of the stadium to the car and I was just saying wow that would have been kind of embarrassing to lose to Oak Mt. b/c we were favored to win. I also said, the local sports guys would have loved it b/c they love to hate HOover football. That is not a secret. But I was just talking to my family and we all said that had we lost to SP,MS that would have been somewhat okay b/c we weren't favored...WEll, this oak mt. husband and wife turned around and the wife said...I can't believe you just said that. You just disrespeted all the players and they worked so hard. I said.. well first of all, I wasn't talking to you and second of all I wasn't disrespecting anyone. It's true. Hoover was favored and a loss would have really hurt us. blah blah blah. The woman was almost in tears. I get it. I know that the surrounding teams get tired of hearing about Hoover football. But geepers, take your loss and just go home and go to bed. They should have been happy they played such a tough game. This is homecoming week. Kate is super excited. She and her friends made fun glow in the dark neon tshirts and they did lots of tie dying and I know they'll have fun with powder puff. Her homecoming group is huge. I have no idea what their plans are. This group of friends always goes to the dances in a huge group. I know they'll all have a great time and Kate is happy Alex is going with her. Carrie and I are excited to see Jack and Tristan all dressed up!! yay!!

Rick and I hung out in the man cave on Sat. We enjoyed watching the BAma game and the other SEC games. WE watched most of the Michigan and NOtre Dame game and I was pulling for ND who was winning most of the game and then I guess MI came back and won. I went to bed. I spent most of yesterday working around the house. Pinterest has given me five bajillion ideas and I've used several of them including several recipes which brings me to the jeans I bought on Friday...I ate so much this past weekend, I don't think they'd button right now. Back to bootcamp today and spin tomorrow!

No comments: