Sunday, September 18, 2011

Homecoming Weekend!





Homecoming 2011 was a great weekend! We had beautiful weather for the big fancy tailgate which was a huge success but Carrie and I decided that for the next game it is just going to be a small group because we were worn out and we didn't get to visit. But we had tons of food and fun and I felt terrible that I left her to put the tables away but I was trying to be good and go with Rick into the game and I told Carrie we'd save seats but when we sat down in our usual spot we noticed there were people saving seats....Ahh! anyway, I felt super bad but it all turned out okay. Hoover won by tons of points and I didn't say anything about anything so that was good. Kate was with Alex taping the soccer game at Montevallo. Yesterday was so busy. I had to get ready for Jack to go to the dance. It is very interesting being on the boy's side of the dance. It is a lot easier but as hard as a boy mom tries, she will never know exactly what is going on. I saw a lot of friends at the Hoover flower shop picking up corsages. Man, Corsages are expensive. 30.00 for a couple of tiny roses. I think Teressa liked hers. It was very pretty, small pink roses with some baby's breath and a pretty ribbon. The freshman are just so darn cute. Jack had no idea what to do with the corsage and the girls were shocked when they realized the flowers were real. lol. It was cute and I was enjoying their innocence. Teressa looked so cute and her personality is adorable. Carrie and Kim took the kids to their dinner destination and then to the dance. I came home and picked up around the house and set up for the after party. They got out here around 10:00. The last couple left at 1 b/c the boy's dad had fallen asleep and he was late...It wasn't a big deal, but I was tired. Kate chose not to go to the dance and do the whole hc thing this year. She said it was her best homecoming ever! Alex surprised her with a dinner date at the Pita shop downtown and then to Vulcan but Vulcan was rented out so they didn't get to go there. They were eager to get back here and see Jack's group. Rick set the fire up outside and the kids finally sat out there and talked.  It was a good night. I'm glad its in the history books. I told Rick that this weekend we are just hanging out at home. Hoover is out of town and we can watch it on ihigh. ahhh...yes! easy breezy. I had to get up and work in the nursery this morning which was fine. Sunday school started today. Jack and Joe both went... I think we'll be on a good church routine again! Yay!!!

No comments: