Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Not quite sure where the time is going but it's already July5th. Last week I worked the princess and pirates camp at playschool. I had a blast with the kids and with my coworkers. The only bad thing was, I picked up a little summer cold. That brings me to the 4th. I woke up stuffy and had a sore throat but I managed to make it through bootcamp and come home and get things ready for the bbq at the pool. Some woman was freaking out about Michelle saving chairs so we hurried and got there and I was like, okay where are all the people? there were tons of chairs available. I mean come on now! Whatever, we started to get our groove on and the guys grilled yummy burgers and ribs and dogs and then it started to thunder. Boooo!!! It stormed for like 6 hours. We left not long after we ate b/c the radar showed storms for a while. God knew that I needed to rest so I came home and read a little bit and took a good nap. I didn't eat too much and I barely drank anything but water. I went to bed fairly early even with the neighbors doing their fireworks. I needed to sleep, I feel a 100% today. Yay! NOw, I'm putting in a request for a do over for the 4th! So today, I had to take Jack downtown to Childrens at UAB for his endo check. Ugh! Its always a huge ordeal to do this but we had to especially with him growing so much. Turns out he has grown like 4" and gained 40lbs in 17mo. Dr. Mick was amazed.  We saw this sweet baby boy there too with both his parents and Jack was in awe of him. We got to chatting and the mom asked if Jack was here for the thyroid thing. I said, oh yep, hypothyroidism. She said her Charlie was born with out one and i said, yep, Jack really doesn't have one either. I told her I used to love seeing big strong boys with hypothyroidsm b/c it meant that they were okay. I think Charlies mom was happy to see Jack, happy and healthy and a robust 143lbs. I promised her little Charlie would grow to be big too and everything would be okay. It was just so strange that I'm the mom now with the teenager reassuring moms with hypo babies. Jack said that is the first time he has ever met someone born with out a thyroid too. We had lunch at McDonalds and then proceeded on to Publix where I spent basically all the money I had for the week. HOlidays are alwAYS expensive and never budgeted for but we are eating steaks tonight so all isn't bad.

No comments: