Sunday, July 24, 2011

I just finished eating some very yummy pop corn that I popped with the Cuisinart popper Rick bought us with his "points" It is so cool and works great. I haven't been great about eating my coconut oil so I used it to pop the corn. I added some spray butter and salt and it was so good. I looked up to see about this old fashioned snack and I am happy to blog that it is a fabulous snack containing about 140 calories for 3 cups and when popped in a healthy oil, even better! Joe is a huge fan of pop corn and I worried that all the microwave popcorn wasn't good for him so this has been fun and I don't worry about him using the stove. I worked in the nursery this morning and then Rick took me to lunch at Firebirds. I love the grilled tenderloin salad they have. Then I treated him to frozen yogurt. I was stuffed! I didn't work out today, Rick and I did walk a couple of miles but thats it. I think a day off was needed. I'll be back at bc in the morning. Last night we met a friend of ours at Beef O'Brady's. We had a wonderful visit and saw some other friends too. The owners of Beef's are friends of our's as well and they've done a wonderful job making Beef's a true neighborhood bar and grill. Whenever we go there we are sure to see friends. There was a musician playing Buffet tunes too, I didn't want to leave but we had to get Jack over to his friend Nick's and pick up Joe from Logan's. Kate is home from South Carolina but she isn't home home. I want her home! haha She had a great time and I'm excited to hear about her trip.  I'm totally expecting she'll want to visit a college there. We've rescheduled our Troy visit for the 12th so we can go with a couple of friends. I have no idea if she'll like this campus but I want her to have several that she applies to so she'll have options. Lauren is packing her all her stuff in preparation for her move next week to her apartment. I'm so excited for her to be in the new place and she'll be close to the hospital and she'll be there a year! I was thinking of the Martina McBRide song about the girls and the part of the 25 year olds in little apartments living on spaghetti'0s is very much where she is right now, paying her dues. I'm the 41 year old throwing pennies into the fountain of youth. This week is our last week of basically summer. We don't have anything planned and if the afternoon storms would quit for a bit then we can get to the pool and hang out. I'm working registration on the 28th but that is all that is on the calendar oh and lunch with Vonnie and Susan. Two of my favorite peeps! Next week is jump start for Joe at BGI, orientation for Jack which he said he doesn't want to go to but he's going and he has golf camp too. He is really really working on this golf thing and I love the clothes on him! Not sure what Kate's schedule is but I'm sure she will be working and she has to help at orientation for the 9th graders as a peer helper next week. Oh and Joe starts football practice on Sunday! Exciting! Go BEars!!! :)

No comments: