Saturday, July 30, 2011

Had super fun evening last night with friends for my annual Pampered Chef party with Carrie. Carrie is so good at her job she makes me want to cook! Yesterday was busy as I had to get ready for the party. I did bootcamp which was great. We had to be outside in the court yard b/c the volleyball girls were in the pe gym and registration was going on but it was shady there and it was a good work out. I probably did better than usual b/c I wasn't going to look like I was out of shape in front everyone. After bc I popped into Wal Mart to pick up some things and then I finally made it home around 1. The house didn't take too long to clean, I should have scheduled my party the week that Teresa came but I didn't so I had to do some dusting and sweeping and vacuuming but it looks good this morning and I love that! I finally met Alex's mom. She is so sweet and fun. I can see where he gets his sweetness from. We are both on the same page with the kid's relationship. They are quite smitten with each other and that is worriesome for mama's. Kate being a senior and Alex being a freshman in college but I guess they'll be okay. Karen Amidon brought all of Kate's senior pics. OMG! I love them. They are beautiful. Learned last night that a friend of Kate's is having her pics done by Karen too. I can't wait to see them. I need to visit her new studio. She said Kate's picture is on the wall! I texted the kids yesterday and told them that this week we are on a tight budget b/c I spent over $500.00 out of the checking account to register everyone. I didn't buy anyone the activity card, we'll just pay for those games as we go or as they go. I honestly can't imagine how the families who are truly truly struggling financially are paying for back to school. It is a lot of money at one time. And I'm sure the next couple of weeks we'll be shopping for new clothes and shoes which I love buying!

I just finished reading Ricky Martin's book ME. I really liked it. I'm half way through, The Life They Gave Us. It's about the baby air lift from Vietnam right before Saigon fell. Very interesting how the government brought over about 3000 Con Lai children to be adopted here in the States, Canada and Austraila. Had they stayed in Vietnam, they most likely would have been killed. I had no idea this happened as I was five years old when it took place. I'm eager to get to the part of the book when it talks about the lives of some of the adoptees.

No comments: