Monday, January 10, 2011

counting calories!

I love eating good healthy food! The problem is calories are calories and even if a food is healthy it doesn't mean that it doesn't count as calories. Soo, I'd like to lose about 10lbs by spring break which is mid March. I looked on Web Md and figured out how many calories I need to eat in a day to lose the 10lbs by sb. The magic number is 1200! Yikes. that is not very many calories. So, let's see. this morning for breakfast which was at 7 b/c the dogs needed to go out, I was hungry and I ate a small homemade granola bar. I'm guess it was about 140 cals. not bad. Then I went back to bed b/c we have a snow day today and finally got up at 9:45. For my real breakfast I made two eggs, one with just egg whites. I also had 2 pieces of toast to go with it. So, that was probably, 260 cals. So, I'm already up to 400 calories and its not even noon! It is easy to see why its important to count calories. The first days of calorie budgeting are always hard but by the end of the week it will be easy breezy. I'm baking sweet potatoes and organic russett potatoes for later. Tilapia is thawing in the fridge and Publix makes a mean salad. Hopefully I can manage to budget my 5oz glass of red wine which is my dessert. The national championship game is on tonight and that means, sec football which of course, when sec football is on, i am like pavlov's dogs and I start craving, crap. I must plan ahead today for something lean and yummy to eat during the game!! anyway, it will be fun to see how this turns out by March 12th. :)

No comments: