Friday, December 9, 2011

first in awhile

Well this is our first Friday in about four months that we aren't donning our black and orange Hoover Bucs shakers and cow bells. Kind of sad I won't see my fav's on the 50 but it's okay. All good things must come to an end and it is Christmas and I have so much to do it isn't even funny. I've retired the Hoover cheer until next August. Last night was the BGIS and Bumpus choir performances. The event was held at the new Bumpus and the gym was jam packed with families. I don't think they thought that many people would come but come on it's Hoover. There are always a million people there. Mr. Rodas does a great job with the kids. He is so passionate about his job and I love that. Joe has really enjoyed being in the choir not so much for singing although he did sing but its been fun. Also, we are blessed to live in a city that still values Christmas. This is what the season is about. If Jesus had not been born, there would be no Christmas and I'm so tired of all the dumb politically correctness out there. Merry Christmas!! The program had Christmas trees and they sang of Mary and the saviour being born. Love love love!!! So proud to be in this community!

Kate said something about having to run to Maddie's yesterday because Maddie forgot to turn in her beauty walk ap and she is out of town so Kate went and got it for her and turned it in. I asked Kate if she is going to do beauty walk and she said, "mom its not my thing." So, I get to go to beauty walk and just enjoy! I love that my girl is not a pageant girl and her friends aren't either and I understand that its probably fun to dress up and be a part of it but its okay that Kate isn't. I love that she is herself and could really careless. Its always fun to see who'll win or gosh who'll make the cut for top 30..

I had to put my etsy shop on vacation because I have run out of time to do any more orders. I'm working on the last ones today and hoping to ship out by Wed. I have a lot to do around the house, finish painting the family room is top on the list and I really need to finish shopping! Our friend, Kale is coming to measure for the basement entertainment center thingy. I"m hoping the bid isn't too much! We'll see!!

No comments: