Saturday, December 10, 2011

6th grade dance and 7th grade too?!

This post is mostly about my baby boy! Last night was his first school dance. The boys and girls had dress up for this 90 min. affair and man did they look nice! My friend, Pam wanted to get the boys together for a little mingling and munchies and a couple of pictures before the dance. Good idea Pam! I saw some other pictures of kids and everyone looked so nice. One picture had kids looking like they were going to hc. Lots of time for that!! Joe is a social guy and Rick and I are so happy he has such a diverse group of friends. He really takes after Rick at least when Rick was in school. Rick knew everyone and everyone loved him. He was friends with the nerds, jocks, pot heads, brainiacs, all of them. I think Rick being able to like everyone equally has really helped him be so successful with being in management. Anyway, Joe had a wonderful time at the dance and then we picked him up and took him to Sidney's Christmas party in bluff park. Sidney is a 7th grade friend at Simmons and somehow Joe and Sidney have become friends. I told Joe that by the time he gets to HHS he will know everyone! I just want him to always be respectful. I forgot to put Joe's change of clothes bag in Rick's car and I knew Joe would be upset because he didn't want to wear khaki's to the other party so we ran into Kohls and bought a pair of jeans and then I squirted him with some men's cologne haha. Rick and I went to eat. After trying three of our usual locations and they were had an hour wait we decided to try the new bbq place. It was really good!! We picked Joe up and went home and went to bed. It was a good night. Kate went to the soocer tournament with Alex and Jack went out with friends. I still have decorating and shopping to do! I'm feeling the pressure of time.

No comments: