Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Busy times

I have about two minutes to write so this will be fast. Once again its raining but that's okay because I have a lot of cute things planned in my two's room today. Vonnie and I were saying yesterday that whatever happened to it raining like one afternoon. It seems when it rains, it rains for like three days straight. At least we had a beautiful day last Friday for the Super 6 game. Joe had a dr. apt so he didn't go to school as I would have checked him out anyway at 1. The high school kids got out at 1 as to allow for enough time for them to get home, and then get to the game. I think all the schools should have followed the high school as so many families have kids at several schools but whatever, they didn't ask me. We headed over to Tuscaloosa around 2pm. We met up with friends from Prattville for an early dinner. After Newks we found an awesome parking place and walked over to the stadium where there were lots of people lining up for the Buc Walk or walk of champions. Everyone was so excited which is always fun to see. It was so crazy seeing the Kate's friends walk the walk as seniors. I know I say it all the time but weren't they just in 7th grade? After the Buc walk we still had a couple of hours so we walked down to Phils with friends and had some appetizers. We saw lots of Hoover people and actually it was such a nice evening that we were able to eat outside. As we were walking back to the stadium we saw lots of kids that have graduated going to the game. We had great seats on the 40 pretty close to the field. Rick always laughs at me and Angie as we cheer and try to figure out the plays and the game. I did have a slight mishap with my cowbell. I was ringing it in my left hand and something happened and it slipped out of my hand and flew two seats down. Thank goodness it landed in an empty seat on a blanket! Goodness!!  I would have felt terrible had it hit someone in the head. I didn't realize those suckers can be dangerous. So, as I was cheering as most people were doing because its a football game not a movie, I was thinking that there should be a section for people who want to sit and just watch the game. I am saying this in all seriousness. Seriously, if you do not want to be bothered by cheering fans then sit away from people. I totally get that people go to games and don't know the kids or whatever and don't really care either way, my dad does that all the time. But, for those people maybe don't sit in the middle of the cheering section where people clearly have shakers and cow bells. Anyway, just my opinion...whateva! Hoover lost by 1, but the guys played a great game, totally played their hearts out and Prattville survived Hoover. I'm sure Hoover wasn't favored to win as Prattville has a handful of D1 committments. We left there feeling so proud of our team, all of them, the players, coaches, cheerleaders, painted boys, kids, families who cheered, the band. everyone! Thats what its really all about. I was talking to my dad and he said had a good point. We expect a lot from our team. We really do believe that every year we'll be playing for the state title. Most schools don't do that. So true!

Ahh, now that football season is over, I can reclaim our Friday nights. Don't get me wrong, I love our fridays' with friends, food and football but when you go all the way to Christmas it gets expensive and I'm tired! I've also been redoing the house which has added some stress but its finally getting done and its looking great. I'm so excited. I'm calling the carpenter today to get a bid on doing an entertainment cabinet in the basement. That is something I've wanted for 5 years. We have this awesome space and we don't use it to its full potential. Rick just texted me and said we aren't tracking for Maui right now. You know, that is fine because we really don't have time for Hawaii in May. With graduation and family coming into town, I know I'll be doing projects right up until people get here. We've started planning sb'12. I think I'm going to have a huge group with me. I'm excited! Better keep up with my booty camp!

No comments: