Thursday, June 2, 2011

Senior Year

Had a really nice chat with Kate yesterday about bittersweet changes. She is on the brink of being a child and growing into being an adult. She is so much more aware of everything than I was at her age. I'm so glad for that. She has time for serious boyfriends and I'm happy she sees that. Her group of friends has really come together the past several months, they seem to be acutely aware of the small amount of time they have together. This is the last summer they will all get to really hang out as several of the boys will leave early next summer for college b/c of sports committments. The past several years this group has grown and grown apart but I always knew they'd all be friends again, they're a tight knit group. They've been friends since 6th grade. That is what high school and growing up is all about. I know she will have awesome memories to take with her as she leaves for college next fall. I hope Jack and Joe have similar experiences with their groups in school. Its always different with girls, always more drama here and there. Jack has a wonderful group of friends and Joe does too. I love this picture of Kate and friends. It is so cool and old fashioned yet modern. totally frame worthy and it shows how fun and close they are.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

great picture! I am so proud of her too!