Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Art Bar! Studio 11:11

I'm so excited to be a part of Studio 11:11! Karen has worked so hard on her studio and she's shifted gears from photography to teaching art. She is truly so talented. I have always loved painting although, I remember being the kid in school that was scared to death of Sister Clarris and her art class. I would literally ask the person sitting next to me to do my project because I didn't think mine would be good enough. Why would an 8 year old think like that? I have no idea and I'm sad that I did. I finally started dabbling around with painting when Kate was a baby. I'd try it and then stop and try again. I always wanted to take art lessons but never signed up. I met Karen a couple of years ago through Kate. She is so talented with her photography and she is so talented with painting, and drawing. So, this winter, I was chatting with her about getting the girls together to paint one evening and we got to talking about how she offers a membership to the studio. All paints, canvases ,brushes, and her expertise are included. I said, yep, sign me up. I've met such fun artistic people these past few months. I've learned that it's important to do the discipline in order to have a good painting. I've learned that I will probably never paint super realistic as I'm always drawn to more bubbly, abstract pieces. Not that I don't love realistic, I just think for me to paint them would be too much. But you never know. Maybe someday I will paint them.

Last night was the grand opening and what fun it was to see all of our pieces displayed! What an asset Studio 11:11 is to the Hoover area. It was very fancy and fun and I am excited to get back in there and paint more cakes!!!






No comments: