Sunday, June 30, 2013

How I've Forgotten!

I'm writing this quick post before I forget about it. Loved Fr. McDade's homily today. The Gospel today was from Luke and as he was reading it, I was thinking, wow God, you're really not being fair to these people. So and so wanted to bury his father before he could go on with Jesus and another wanted to take care of business before he went on. Fr. Mcdade is so eloquent with his words and he really breaks it down for people like me who need it broken down. When Jesus said, let the dead bury the dead, he was saying, let's go, move on stop making excuses. Ahh, yes. Okay, I get that! Love it! So I'm thinking as he's reading the verse in Luke, wow, I'm not so sure I could do all of that. I loved that Fr. expressed his concern that he wasn't so sure he could do all that either. Just drop all of it and go! But that was the vocation and calling for the disciples. Fr. continued to talk about vocations and he mentioned marriage. Ahh, yes, it is a vocation and I quickly remembered the TEC talks, and the marriage talk was one of them. I was reminded today, since choosing this vocation of marriage and family that everything I do for my husband and my family & myself is pleasing to God. So often I get wrapped up in the blah blah blah of every day life. It's a lot raising children and going to work, and paying bills and not losing yourself in the midst. I truly loved hearing this today!

No comments: