Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer's always busy

Well, we are well under way and in the throw's of summer here at the Leventrys. Jack spent the week in Auburn at his first golf camp. He loved it and actually golfed several great games. We are very proud of his drive and determination. Now, if we can channel that drive and determination to math, that would be great but considering the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, that is a lofty goal for us. I worked this week, all three days and I still love seeing everyone that comes into the office. I was telling a friend that I feel like I"m entertaining when I'm there. We have this fabulous gourmet coffee machine and I love offering the parents coffee. I have to remind myself that its an office and when mom, a friend of mine is sitting back in the clinic with "JOhnny" I can't just run in there and say ,"Oh did you hear such and such?" haha. Kate took this week to update her resume for rush and she found one of her senior pics to put with it. We have a friend who really loves Kate and she wanted to take her resume to the Chi Omega meeting last week. Kate is very excited and I know what ever soroity she ends up in, she'll be happy. Kate is truly enjoying this summer, just hanging out with people that were never in her core group at school. Kids have grown up and it is so great that they can see each other in a new light. Not the cliquey, high school way anymore. This is the time when you learn who is loyal and who will be there. I'm very excited for Joe to start back with football work outs. I'm sure he isn't so excited as it is super early but I love that it keeps him on a schedule and he is doing something worthwhile. Ohh, Almost forgot to note that Rick and I went to the Highlands Bar and Grill this past week. It was very yummy and I had never been there before. I had heard so much about it and how fabulous it is and blah blah blah but I have to say that even though everything I ate was wonderful, I was still hungry when we left. I had the Mississippi red fish and it was really good but I would have liked a good salad with it or a potato or something.  LIke, I would have even paid for the salad but there wasn't one on the menu. So, it was fun and fab but we'll stick with our usual hangouts in our bubble. You know, The Boot, Beefs, Bob's.  I did sort of fee like there should have been some jazz music or some Frank Sinatra playing. There is a fabulous old energy in the Highlands building.

No comments: