Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Water

When we were in Hawaii at the Four Seasons Maui, there were several water canisters set up throughout the resort with this fabulous water. I could see that there were lemon and mint in the water so I thought I could for sure make it at home. Then, I was looking at Pinterest and came across a recipe similar. Turns out this water is so great for the skin and for every cell in the body. It's great for aiding in diegesting and helping the body get rid of toxins. I bought several herbs yesterday because I'm in a Pinterest mood and I made my own water. The Pinterest recipe called for cucumbers so I added those. The taste is subtle and refreshing. It doesn't taste exactly like the one at the four seasons. I am going to have to dig for that recipe but it's close and I love the benefits it provides! Adding mint to the diet helps with digestion, relieving headaches, bacteria and fungus. chewing on mint leaves can help whiten teeth and clear up bad breath. Lemon is a natural diuretic and helps with bloat. This will be a staple in my fridge through out the summer and fall!

Lemon, Mint and cucs!

No comments: