Saturday, June 2, 2012

Moving on from chicken...

So, it's been about six weeks since I last posted! It was April 21st and it's time we move on from the chicken recipe. I don't even remember making the chicken. I've been going 90 to nothing the past six weeks. Well, really since spring break which was in March. New job is going great, Hawaii was wonderful. I didn't take my computer, I didn't check facebook or the news or twitter or blogs. It was fabulous to just hang out and enjoy Maui. We celebrated Kate's graduation last week. Mom, Dad, Abbie, Lauren and Rick's parents all came in for it. We took up a whole row for the very organized and efficient ceremony at UAB. Our little party on Friday was a success and it was fun sharing Kate's accomplishment with friends and family. Having Lauren here was truly the icing on the cake! I know Kate was so sad to see everyone go as I was too. So, with all of that happening, Jack finished freshman year with good grades and Joe finished 6th grade with good grades. Spring football training is over. I'm not sure how many kids ended up dropping out but I have a feeling that all the running they did was meant to weed the kids out. This class has had a record number of boys go out for football. Summer practices start in two weeks. Kate has been purchasing items for her dorm. She and Anna are going shopping soon to buy things for their bathroom. She recieved lots of fun gifts for her room. I know she is excited to put it all together. Orientation is coming up soon, I'm sure she'll rock it and be the best incoming freshman there haha totally kidding! really. I'm kidding! It's just orientation for petes sake. I'm excited to see what classes she'll be taking and her major is right up my ally!  Jack leaves Tues for a three day golf camp at Auburn. This kind of popped up fast, but I think it's going to be a great experience for him. He has really improved his golf game and I know he'll take it seriously. I'm also excited for him to visit Auburn and to be on the campus. Rick and I are Alabama fans through and through but I know Auburn is a wonderful school and its fun for the kids to experience a visit like this one. I was happy to be back at bootcamp yesterday. I loved seeing all my bootcamp friends! Tatum's workouts are so hard but so good. I made it to Bikram this morning and it was so great. I think it was hotter than usual in the room. I've been more diligent about getting my protein shake in after my work out and having a healthy veggie tray in the fridge has been so great for all of us. Easy Peasy veggies!  I'm hoping to settle into summer and enjoy lots of sunny days sitting by the pool!

One major question everyone has asked me is...

Did you cry? Umm, nope. I didn't cry. I was a little teary when the child with ALS was on stage getting his diploma. But I was excited for Kate and so happy Rick and I successfully raised a child to be 18.



No comments: