Sunday, June 3, 2012

new babies


I have several cousins who are in their early to mid 20's and they are embarking on this journey called motherhood. Now that I'm older and I can clearly turn around and see them from far away, it is wonderful to see how excited they are to be mommies. I remember how excited I was to be a mommy. I still love being a mommy. The thought of all night feedings and fussy babies is exhausting to me now. There is a reason we are young when we're having babies. Not that 42 is old but but 24 is definitely a better age to be dealing with a fussy baby. I loved each moment of my kids baby years and their toddler years.  My prayer for my younger cousins is to pray for joy. Ask for patience too but mostly pray for joy. Being a mama is the toughest job you'll ever have. I'm reminded of the email that once floated around about the friend who tells the other friend she is and her husband are ready to have a baby. The friend listening says she is so happy for her but deep down she is thinking, are you ready to have your heart ripped out?

No comments: