Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Whisper

Here's the deal, I'm not overly religious. Born and raised Roman Catholic, I love going to mass because it is so very comfortable to me. It is quiet and it is tradition and it is home. That's not what this post is about. This post is about more than religion. It's about listening to the whisper. Have you ever heard the whisper of God? For me it isn't a literal whisper, like my friend telling me a secret, it's more of a thought or words I see and hear in my mind. I know that sounds so ridiculous but that's how it works for me. If I have a worry or concern, I try to pray about it. More than likely, the prayer happens while I'm driving, doing laundry or dishes. It isn't an all out kneel down  prayer session. Most often the whisper comes soon in my mind. It isn't always clear but sometimes it is. Most often it is God telling me to be still and trust. Lately, I've heard Him say, there is a plan. Trust in the plan. Ahh but what is the plan? Right? That's the big question. Faith tells me that whatever the plan is, it will be okay. It will be more than okay because the plan is Godly. I hope everyone can hear the whisper. Be still and listen.

No comments: