Sunday, March 30, 2014

Save $100 per week? Me? Sure gonna try

I've come back from spring break thinking I can really be frugal and save $100.00 out of my weekly cash. I mean with Pinterest and planning meals, I can do this. The boys are hungry. They want to eat all the time so I have to be better about planning dinners. We spend a lot on food each week. It's so easy to get bogged down with every day life stuff and I'm the first to just buy whatever.  But, I can do this! If I save $100.00/week out of my cash, that is $5200.00/year. I can do this! Becky Bloomwood is trying to take over but I keep pushing her out of my mind. I don't need anything new to do this, I can use everything I already have! I'm telling her to shut up! I've found an old journal that I used maybe 3 times. I've made my recipe list and I'm ready for the store. I'm kind of funny about organic meats so I know I'll still be buying those. They do get expensive but they're really so much better for you. I can never go back to eating non organic meats. Here's my dinners for the week.

Sunday- Baked Ravioli (easy peasy & fairly cheap)

Monday- Salsa chicken ( easy ingredients, little prep time...sounds good to me!)

Tues- Track meet...Plan on fast food...Budget about $20.00 for it.

Wed- Arroz Con Pollo- Something new, sounds delish and ingredients are easy and cheap. Love that!

Thur- Beef Burgandy...Boys will love it, they'll think I spent a lot of time on it. Easy prep and will cook all day in slow cooker...love!

Fri- Eat out, get cash again, stash $100.00 aside! Start over planning. I can do this!

No comments: