Thursday, February 7, 2013

Clean Eating

It's been over a month since football was over at least for me. I don't do NFL so I really don't care about the Superbowl. I do however enjoy college football, SEC and Hoover football. And, I'm gonna tell ya that I don't always eat clean during this time. So after Christmas and the new year and January 7th, I went back to clean eating and I've even played around with some Paleo recipes. I'm not a huge Paleo person but I get it. I like good dark chocolate basically because I'v acquried a taste for it. I love coconut oil, unrefined organic coconut oil, I like almond butter and I like all those things mixed together! I've even introduced the "peanut butter cup " treat to the boys and Rick and they loved it! I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I received a juicer for Christmas. I love it!!! My favorite cocktail is cucumber (unwaxed), lemon and strawberries. Its so good and hydrating. And I've seen blurbs about allkaline and such which is good for our bodies and inflammation. I haven't had time to research that. Here is one of my most favorite breakfasts ever! Even Joe loved it and that child won't eat much beyond chicken fingers and pizza....

This was originally a Zone diet recipe but I've changed it over the years.
.25c low fat cottage cheese
.25c organic oat flour
1 organic egg (whole egg) you need the goods that are in the yolk!
a dash of honey or stevia

Mix it up, put a tsp or 2 of coconut oil on your grilled and dish out the mix. Make them just like pancakes! They're so good. Maybe I've just made myself love them over the years but I prefer these to regular panny cakes. I like to top mine off with a little bit of brown sugar, crushed almonds, a little butter and a couple tsps of maple syrup. You can do whatever you want.
My guess is this breakfast is about 17 grams of fat, and 300 calories 21 carbs and 4 g of fiber.

No comments: