Sunday, January 20, 2013

MA Hadley Pottery

I found MA Hadley pottery in the fall of 1993. I was preggers with Kate and I worked at a super cute fun table top store called Webster Dexter & McGee. The owner was so great and fun and I loved working there. The name meant nothing. People used to speculate that it was her grandparents names and such but nope, notta, just names she loved. She had a fabulous display of MA Hadley pottery. I loved it. I was really in awe of the primitive simplistic designs. What is it about this pottery that I love so much, I would ask myself. It was very expensive. People would come in and buy place settings for friends and brides. I loved all of it! It's crazy but I only own a very small dish. The colors are all the same throughout the designs. Fast forward twenty years. I own a kiln, I love painting and creating. I'd love to have the success that MA Hadley has had. Hadley pottery has been one of my inspirations to continue finding my niche and my own designs. I'd love to someday have tml designs place settings on someone's table!

No comments: