Sunday, September 8, 2013

Listen



Be still and listen. Ahh, for me it is so hard. Should be easy right? The min. I sit an try to listen and just be still, my mind goes racing with a million things, I should be doing, I should have done, I should worry about and on and on. I obviously need to work on this. So, as I'm trying to be all meditative and such, I suddenly go into Becky Bloomwood mode. I need a fun new mat to "listen" on, and maybe a new zen cd to have in the back ground to help me get in listening mode. Oh and should I set up a cute listening spot in my room? But then I start thinking about what's under the bed and I should dust the blinds and the bathroom is nearby and I'm certain it needs cleaning too. Or maybe I should drive to the park and set up a cute spot but it's kind of hot out and ugh, there are bugs and of course other people that might be in my listening space. Ahhh haha, I know in my heart it really shouldn't be so darn complicated. I should just stop drop and listen. I've read that when we truly open our hearts and mind to the Holy Spirit, it's amazing what we'll hear. I love that, I love knowing there is always hope for so much more than our crazy busy lives. But then my human ego sets in sometimes and I think, what if I hear something that I'm not so sure about? What if it's a message that wants me to change? I know I know, that's where my prayer comes in. I know that. But change is scary and that's a whole different topic. For now, I'm just going to be still and listen. Or at least I'm going to try to.

No comments: